Mark Lynn Higbee Memorial Web Journal

The purpose of this web journal is to provide one place on the web where more true to life comments about the life and death of Mark Higbee can be posted. Openness is encouraged. If you were a friend of Mark, I encourage you to either post a comment, or mail your pictures and comments to me and I'll post them on your behalf.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Welcome to the Mark Lynn Higbee memorial web journal

The purpose of this web journal is to provide one place on the web where more true to life comments about the life and death of Mark Lynn Higbee can be posted. Openness is encouraged. If you were a friend of Mark, I encourage you to either post a comment, or mail your pictures and comments to me and I'll post them on your behalf. Alternatively you could create pages or journal entries (a blog) of your own and I could link to it. In any case, I think it's important to be more honest and open, in part to honor the life of Mark, and in part to further flesh out why he decided to take his own life.

Because of the nature of how Utah culture works or doesn't work, and because of the nature of the mini-culture war which constantly brews here, even within Mark's own extended family there will be vastly different views about what Mark's life meant, why he decided to committ suicide, whether an ultra-Mormon funeral really honored his life, and what meaning we can take away from his life & death and related issues.

On the day of Mark's funeral an extremely one sided view was presented and forced down the throats of everyone present. Now, I am willing to be an honest broker and I am willing to present all views here. But I'm not going to censor any view, not on my own web sites, and not here. So feel free to share with me your own views and I'll post them, or you could add a comment to posts like this. But I'm not going to hold back on my own views, in part to honor Mark's memory, but also to explore related wider issues and relevant problems.

If you want to submit material click on the "A memorial page for Mark - created by an uncle of his" link.

2 Comments:

At 8/02/2013 12:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please take this post off the internet. It is constantly brought to my attention by those it has offended.
Thank you.

 
At 6/04/2019 03:55:00 AM, Blogger velraj said...

Great experience for me by reading this blog. Nice article.

Struts Training in Chennai
struts classes
Struts Training in Adyar
Wordpress Training in Chennai
Wordpress Training institute in Chennai
Spring Training in Chennai
Hibernate Training in Chennai

 

Post a Comment

<< Home